|Summer POOL Hours 1:00-5:00 p.m. Monday-Friday |
Evening Swim 5:00-7:00 p.m. on Tuesdays and it is FREE to school and community families!!
|Children from age 1 to 18, please come join us for our Summer LUNCH Program June 5-June 30 from Noon to 1:00 p.m. NO CHARGE!!|
Board Adopted Focus Goals for 2016-17 (download)
At their March 10th meeting, the Board of Education adopted the District Focus Goals for 2016-17
The Governing Board recognizes that effective district governance requires strong collaboration and teamwork with the Superintendent. Because the Board and Superintendent each have their unique roles and responsibilities, both contribute to the responsible governance of the district and the quality of education provided to the community's students.
The Superintendent is expected to hold himself/herself to the highest standards of ethical conduct and professionalism.
To support the Board in the governance of the district, the Superintendent:
1. Promotes the success of all students and supports the efforts of the Board to keep the district focused on learning and achievement
2. Values, advocates and supports public education and all stakeholders
3. Recognizes and respects the differences of perspective and style on the Board and among staff, students, parents/guardians and the community - and ensures that the diverse range of views inform Board decisions
4. Acts with dignity, treats everyone with civility and respect, and understands the implications of demeanor and behavior
5. Serves as a model for the value of lifelong learning and supports the Board's continuous professional development
6. Works with the Board as a "governance team" and assures collective responsibility for building a unity of purpose, communicating a common vision and creating a positive organizational cultur
7. Recognizes that the Board/Superintendent governance relationship is supported by the management team in the district
8. Understands the distinctions between Board and staff roles, and respects the role of the Board as the representative of the community
9. Understands that authority rests with the Board as a whole; provides guidance to the Board to assist in decision-making; and provides leadership based on the direction of the Board as a whole
10. Communicates openly with trust and integrity, including providing all members of the Board with equal access to information and recognizing the importance of both responsive and anticipatory communications
11. Accepts leadership responsibility and accountability for implementing the vision, goals and policies of the district